Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Studies Program
Postgraduate Program Call
The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens invites the interest parties to apply for the Master Program entitled “Nanomedicine” for the academic year 2019-2020. The program focuses on the provision of high level qualification and specialized training in the field of “Nanomedicine”. The Master Program leads to Master’s degree (MSc) in “Nanomedicine” after successful completion of the studies based on the curriculum.
In this Master Program, applicants can be graduates from Greek and foreign Universities with a degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, and other related subjects.
The duration of the programme is one (1) year, including the time required for preparing and supporting the thesis. The program consists of three units referring to: a) Unit 1: Introduction to Nanotechnology, b) Unit 2: Applications of Nanotechnology in Medicine, and c) Unit 3: Nano-toxicity and Regulatory aspects.
The official language of this Master Program is English. The course attendance is mandatory for the 80% of the teaching hours of each unit.
The possibility of part-time study is also provided. Students in this category must have a proven record of working and submitting a work contract or an employer certificate.
Applicants should submit the following documents to Program’s secretariat:
- Application form (to be issued by the Secretariat of the Master Program [email protected] or downloaded from http://school.med.uoa.gr or http://en.pharm.uoa.gr)
- A clear photocopy of identity document (ID) or passport
- A clear photocopy of a diploma or a certificate of completion of graduate studies. Regarding diplomas from foreign Universities, they must have been accompanied by a certification issued by the Hellenic NARIC organization (DOATAP, http://www.doatap.gr/en/index.php). The recognition of diploma or certificate of completion of studies by the Hellenic NARIC (which can be submitted by the end of the program) is a precondition for obtaining the MSc degree
- Certificate of courses’ analytical grades
- Documentation of sufficient knowledge of the English language if needed (at least level B2)
- A curriculum vitae, which will include information about the studies, the research and/or professional activity and the scientific record of the Candidate (max. 3 pages)
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- List of publications in journals or conferences (if any)
- Evidence of professional or research activity (if any)
- Any other document to support the application
The Master Program of “Nanomedicine” is self-financed and the total cost for each student amounts to € 2,000 for the entire duration of the program.
Applications for student candidates can be sent electronically to [email protected] from Monday 6th May 2019, until Monday 2nd September 2019. The selection process for candidates will be completed from Monday 9th September 2019, until Friday 13th September 2019. The results will be announced on Monday 16th September 2019 and the program will start on Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
Athens, May 3, 2019
Efstathios P. Efstathopoulos
Medical Radiation Physics
2nd Dept. of Radiology, Medical School
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens